If I have legal issues, what are my options?

For legal issues, go to your embassy for assistance. The embassy can offer you a list of local attorneys and contact your family for you. It cannot cover any legal fees. The embassy can only work on your behalf to ensure that you receive the same treatment as Japanese citizens charged with the same offense. The American Embassy address:

American Embassy
Box 205
1-10-5 Akasaka
Minato-Ku, Tokyo 107-0052
Tel: 03-3224-5000
Fax: 03-5770-5041

U.S. Embassy website